Rebranding

We've rebranded to Mistral Network! For more info, visit https://mistral.network/yogs

Network Update Website Network Relaunch Plan Adjustments
Started by Naird

Hey Yognau(gh)ts,

This is a quick update to let you know of some adjustments we're making to our relaunch strategy which I mentioned in the previous update.

So, what's changed?

• The Temporary server will no longer be carried over to the relaunched network. A new survival server will take it's place, due to technical issues we've been running into recently with the temporary server.
  • The new Survival server will have a different claim system, as per the technical issues mentioned above.
  • The Temporary server's world will be released as a download shortly after the network relaunches (there's some minor adjustments required to make it runable in single player)
  • The Lobby you'll see when we relaunch will not be the finished product. We've got an adventurous plan this time around, and that won't be completed before the relaunch. But don't worry, we won't be sticking you in a Coal box again!
  • The Survival server will start off with a smaller world than before (6000x6000 blocks) until the 1.17 Part One update is released. Once the network is updated to the newer Minecraft version, we'll expand the world border to allow for new generation without requiring a world reset. Once 1.17 Part Two releases, we will most likely be resetting again, but that is something we'll be looking into further down the line, as there may be other options available to us.

Also, you may have noticed the Forums' design has changed. We've set up and customised a new theme for the forums!
I'll be updating and tweaking the forums over the coming weeks as more features are added (one of which being a Wiki which will replace the Player Guide we've currently released, which is far too long a read as it stands)
We've also removed the Staff Team page, as that's already available on the main Yogs.net website. I plan to port it back to the forums, and adjust the main website to better integrate with the forums over the coming weeks, but again, this will take time, which is something I don't have much of at the moment!

Lastly, I know it may seem we're not doing much with these updates being few and far between, but we're working hard behind the scenes to make sure the relaunch is as successful as possible, but this takes time, as we're all volunteers working on the YCN, and our jobs eat up a lot of our time. Thank you for sticking with us, and I'll see you again on the next update!

Mistral Network Logo
Nairdwood
Community Director

Mistral Network Banner

28 days ago